WSS-420 HRPT/CHRPT Weather Satellite System
>>> Prices and availability on request!
The WiNRADiO WSS-420 Weather Satellite System is a complete and fully integrated hardware/software system for capturing and processing data streams from polar orbiting satellites in real time.
The system supports HRPT data streams with 5 multi-spectral channels from NOAA satellites and CHRPT data with 10 channels from the Feng Yun-1D satellite. Data is available immediately after a satellite pass and it can be exported to NOAA Level 1B (HRPT) file format.
The tripod carrying the rotator and the dish antenna is made from high-quality steel, with telescopic legs independently adjustable for course levelling against inclined mounting surfaces, while the articulated levelling feet allow for fine levelling, even at uneven mounting points. A bull's eye bubble mounted on an upper bracket eases the installation process.
The antenna consists of a 120 cm diameter parabolic steel dish with a tightly integrated prime focussed patch feeder and an attached low-noise downconverter, which translates the 1.7 GHz L-Band frequencies down to 140 MHz.
The receiver is designed to have a compact form factor and fits onto a 2/3 length PCI plug-in card. The front-end employs digital synthesis for frequency control, while data decoding and frame synchronization are done in DSP firmware.
Installation and configuration is made easy by means of a user-friendly software setup wizard which will automatically detect installed and connected hardware. The setup software will also assist with rotator and receiver calibration during initial installation.
- Fully-integrated hardware/software solution
- Compact stand-alone system
- Robust rotator and tripod
- Easy installation, calibration and configuration
- Automatic satellite dish positioning
- Automatic real time orbital satellite tracking
- Automatic reception scheduling
- Full support for multi-spectral AVHRR data
- Full support for NOAA (HRPT) and Feng Yun-1D (CHRPT)
- Advanced image processing software
- Automatic updating of satellite prediction data from internet
- Automatic application clock synchronization from internet
- AVHRR data export in NOAA Level 1B (HRPT) file format
- WR-ARP-ELAZ-100: Antenna Rotator / Positioner
- WR-RCU-100: Rotator Control Unit with application software
- WR-RCU-100-ATC: Automatic Tracking Controller software
- WR-AST-146: Tripod / Antenna Stand
- WR-AX-400D: Parabolic Dish
- WR-ARP-DSA-AX400: Dish Support Assemblies (2 per system)
- WR-AX-G400-PF: Patch Feeder
- WR-G400: Downconverter
- WR-G420i: HRPT/CHRPT Weather Satellite Data Receiver with application software
The system can be extended to include the following options:
- WR-WSDA-420: Weather Satellite Data Analyser Software