RFS® CELLFLEX® sets the standard for communication cablesIt was 1961 when RFS pioneered CELLFLEX, the foam dielectric corrugated coaxial cables that quickly became the industry’s preferred choice for base station applications. Since then, CELLFLEX cables have been proving their value in indoor and outdoor applications around the world.
A comprehensive cable portfolio
The entire portfolio of CELLFLEX cables supports frequencies from low MHz ranges to 20 GHz bis 20 GHz. With different CELLFLEX cable models ranging from 1/4-inch to 7/8-inch in diameter, there’s a CELLFLEX cable for even the most complicated and demanding applications.
Meeting the highest safety standards
With the Euroclass B2ca according to EN 50575, the CELLFLEX cables meet the highest flame and fire retardancy standards and are therefore suitable for buildings and areas with very high safety requirements, e.g. for hospitals, day-care and care facilities. CELLFLEX cables meet following standards, among others:
- IEC 60754-1/-2: Halogen-free and non-corrosive jacket tests
- IEC 60332-1: Flame tests
- IEC 60332-3-24: Cable bundle tests
- IEC 61034: Low-smoke emission tests
Industry-leading electrical performance
CELLFLEX foam dielectric corrugated cables feature copper outer and inner conductors that are key to improving performance:
- The two, solid copper conductors virtually eliminate interference due to passive intermodulation (PIM) and intermodulation distortion (IMD).
- The outer conductor creates a continuous electromagnetic and radio frequency interference (EMI/RFI) shield that minimizes system interference.
Remarkable flexibility and strength
RFS´ ongoing dedication to superior corrugation techniques means CELLFLEX cables bend easily without risk of damage, even against strong bending forces. This rugged flexibility makes installations faster, easier and lower risk than installations using smooth wall cables. CELLFLEX cables are also easier to reuse and recycle than competing cables because the layers are not bonded.