The WiNRADiO WR-G35DDCi Excalibur Ultra is a high performance, direct-sampling, software-defined ultra-wideband shortwave receiver with a frequency range from 9 kHz to 45 MHz. It includes a real-time 45 MHz-wide spectrum analyzer and 32 MHz-wide instantaneous bandwidth available for recording, demodulation and further digital processing.
The receiver\'s superior performance results from its innovative, direct-sampling, digital down-conversion architecture along with the use of leading-edge components and design concepts. These all result in a very high IP3, wide dynamic range, high sensitivity, and accurate tuning. These key features create a receiver in a class of its own, with wide application potential, with many operational and instrumentation features not usually found on receivers of any price category.
The entire 32 MHz DDC (digitally down-converted) bandwidth is available for recording and demodulation. Multiple demodulators allow the simultaneous reception and decoding of radio signals within the entire HF band.
The receiver\'s robust front-end is equipped with an ultra-high-linearity amplifier which results in exceptional strong-signal performance while at the same time offering excellent sensitivity.
The WR-G35DDCi Excalibur Ultra also features optional external reference clock inputs and outputs, as well as an FPGA interface, allowing for phase-coherent system configurations such as in high performance interferometer direction finding applications.
- 9 kHz to 45 MHz continuous frequency range
- Direct sampling
- Digital down-conversion
- 16-bit 100 MSPS A/D converter
- 45 MHz-wide, real-time spectrum analyzer
- 32 MHz recording and processing bandwidth
- Ready for phase-coherent system configurations
- Continuously adjustable filter bandwidth down to 1 Hz
- Three parallel demodulator channels
- Waterfall display functions
- Audio spectrum analyzer
- Audio and IF recording and playback
- Recording with pre-buffering
- Very high IP3 (+31 dBm)
- Excellent sensitivity (0.20 µV SSB, 0.10 µV CW)
- Excellent dynamic range (107 dB)
- Excellent frequency stability (0.5 ppm)
- User-configurable preselection filters
- Selectable low-noise preamplifier
- Test and measurement functions
- PCIe interface
- WR-G35DDC receiver
- Application software
- Comprehensive user's manual
The receiver interfaces to a Windows-compatible PC via the PCI-e bus. Several receivers can reside on a single PC to form a multi-channel receiver system.
The receiver is very well shielded against interference, making it possible to operate in a noisy computer environment. Its very modest power requirements of less than 10 watts allow it to be powered from the PC\'s internal power supply. There is also provision for an external power supply feed in cases where several of these receiver cards are to be installed in a multi-channel configuration.
- PC with 2 GHz quad core CPU or faster
- One PCI-e bus slot
- Windows XP/Vista/7