Software Defined Receiver
PERSEUS - SDR technology since 1998
PERSEUS is a trademark of the company Microtelecom S.R.L. based in Udine, Italy. Microtelecom develops and manufactures radio and telecommunication devices for special applications, fast multichannel acquisition systems and signal conditioning electronics for gamma-ray imaging probes. Our Microtelecom technology expertise ranges from analog and RF circuit design to the development of fast acquisition systems, FPGA-based digital signal processing platforms and algorithms for custom applications.
PERSEUS allows a spectrum display of a 1600 broad frequency range in real-time. This frequency range can be recorded to hard disk. Hence time-shifted listening becomes possible, with subsequent tuning to all signals within any frequency range of 1.6 MHz. With the software HFSpan PERSEUS can even show the activities within a frquency range of up to 40 MHz grafically. PERSEUS is designed as a digital Direct Sampling Receiver. Heart of the PERSEUS is a 14-Bit Analog-Digital-Converter, working with 80 Mio. samples per second with an excellent SNR of 76 dB (at 40 MHz bandwidth).
The PERSEUS-Software is the control center of the receiver: Frequency tuning, mode selection, variable filter bandwidths, the "Click-in-and-Tune"-Function, memory banks, variable noise blanker, noise reduction and much more can be controlled conveniently with the clearly arranged user interface. Outstanding options are offered by the variable signal display: A maximum bandwidth of 1600 kHz! can be monitored in a real-time spectrum display or in the Waterfall-FFT-Mode. The complete bandwidth can be recorded for later listening or analysis of all signals.
Receiver of the PERSEUS family:
PERSEUS 22 - Next generation SDR receiver
Perseus22 is a 4 channels, direct sampling receiver with a continuous frequency coverage from 10 KHz to 225 MHz and a typical image rejection larger than 70 dB.
All channels are synchronously sampled by an high SNR, 14 bits A/D converter and processed by a software defined digital down converter, implemented on an FPGA, which outputs are routed to the host PC by a USB 3.0 controller, allowing wide-bandwidth IF applications.
PERSEUS - Ultra high performance SRD receiver
Perseus is a VLF-LF-MF-HF receiver based on an exceptional direct sampling digital architecture. It features a 14-bit 80 MS / s analog-to-digital converter, a high-performance FPGA-based digital down-converter and a 480 Mbit / s high-speed USB 2.0 PC interface. Being an SDR device, PERSEUS relies on software applications to perform the demodulation process. The software, in addition to providing digital signal processing capabilities, has a simple graphic interface compatible with all major operating systems.
Features of the PERSEUS receivers:
- 2 MS/s 1600 kHz bandwidth for replay / recording
- 50 kHz bandwidth for reception of NOAA weather satellites
- 6 memory banks with 100 entries each, freely configurable
- AGC Spike Rejection for improved suppression of impulse noise
- Noise Reduction Filter (continously adjustable) and Noise Blanker with 2 bandwidths
- Notch Filter variable bandwidth
- PeakSrc / Label: Tools for precise frequeny analysis
- Position of Level Bar selectable
- Direction of waterfall diagram selectable
- Scrollable MEM window
- Squelch and Mute, adjustable by a click in the S-Meter bar
- User Settings available by a configuration dialogue
- Improved filter form factors
- Virtual Com Interface for communication with third party programs
- Improved FFT-Spektrum resolution
- Improved FM Demodulator
- Improved replay of .wav-files
- Zoom Function
- Replay of recordings with the PERSEUS-Software without connected PERSEUS-Hardware.