The PERSEUS comes with three different software packages included.
is the control center of the receiver: Frequency tuning, mode selection, variable filter bandwidths, the "Click-in-and-Tune"-Function, memory banks, variable noise blanker, noise reduction and much more can be controlled conveniently with the clearly arranged user interface. Outstanding options are offered by the variable signal display: A maximum bandwidth of 1600 kHz! can be monitored in a real-time spectrum display or in the Waterfall-FFT-Mode. The complete bandwidth can be recorded for later listening or analysis of all signals.
New functions since V 1.1c:
- 2 MS/s 1600 kHz bandwidth for replay / recording
- 50 kHz bandwidth for reception of NOAA weather satellites
- 6 memory banks with 100 entries each, freely configurable
- AGC Spike Rejection for improved suppression of impulse noise
- Noise Reduction Filter (continously adjustable) and Noise Blanker with 2 bandwidths
- Notch Filter variable bandwidth
- PeakSrc / Label: Tools for precise frequeny analysis
- Position of Level Bar selectable
- Direction of waterfall diagram selectable
- Scrollable MEM window
- Squelch and Mute, adjustable by a click in the S-Meter bar
- User Settings available by a configuration dialogue
- Improved filter form factors
- Virtual Com Interface for communication with third party programs
- Improved FFT-Spektrum resolution
- Improved FM Demodulator
- Improved replay of .wav-files
- Zoom Function
- Replay of recordings with the PERSEUS-Software without connected PERSEUS-Hardware.
more information can be found in our FAQ-List
A bandwidth of 40 MHz, the whole shortwave, can be displayed as a spectrum in real-time. So it is possible to get an idea how reception conditions change over the day, leading to different signal levels. Of course also smaller bandwidths can be analyzed.
This is a self-contained Software that can tune PERSEUS directly. The recording/recording option offers some special tools for display of very weak signals. The audio signal is available to third party software too.
The Software can be used under Windows 2000, XP and Vista/32-bit. Mac-PCs with Intel Processors can use this software with Windows XP or Vista in Boot Camp.
All information reflects the status from 9/2011.